- You should check to verify you are on the Voter’s List.
- Go to: http://voterlookup.ca
- If you are not on the Voters List you should be able to add it knowing your Roll Number or your name as it is on the MPAC records and your date of birth
You are eligible to vote in the 2022 election in the Township of Georgian Bay if you meet all of the following requirements:
- you are a Canadian citizen
- you are aged 18 or older
- you qualify to vote in the municipality.
There are three ways that you can qualify to vote in a municipality:
- As a resident elector if you live in the municipality. You may own, rent, live in shared accommodation where you do not pay rent or live in the municipality but do not have a fixed address. Being a resident elector is the most common type of eligibility.
- As a non-resident elector if you own or rent property in a municipality, but it’s not the one where you live. You can only be a resident elector in one municipality. However, you can be a non-resident elector in any other municipality (or municipalities) where you own or rent property.
- As the spouse of a non-resident elector if your spouse owns or rents property in the municipality or municipalities other than the one where you live.
This may sound complex, so I will try to make it more simple.
- If you own property in the Township or are the spouse of the owner, you can vote. (assuming you are a Canadian Citizen)
- You should already be on the Voters List. If not you need to go to http://voterlookup.ca.
- If you are a tenant in a property in the Township for 42 days or more in 2022, you can vote. You may need to go to http://voterlookup.ca to confirm or to add your name.