Eligibility to vote

Notes / Updates:

  • If you are already on the Voters List and your Mailing Address is correct you will likely receive your Voting letter with the PIN before Sept 26th.  (they were mailed on on Sept 20th).
  • If you are not on the Voters List or if your Mailing Address is Not correct, you will need to contact the Township.  As noted above the Voting letters have already been mailed to the address the Township had on file as of Sept 19th.

You are eligible to vote in the 2018 election in the Township of Georgian Bay if you meet all of the following requirements:

  • you are a Canadian citizen
  • you are aged 18 or older
  • you qualify to vote in the municipality.

There are three ways that you can qualify to vote in a municipality:

  1. As a resident elector if you live in the municipality. You may own, rent, live in shared accommodation where you do not pay rent or live in the municipality but do not have a fixed address. Being a resident elector is the most common type of eligibility.
  2. As a non-resident elector if you own or rent property in a municipality, but it’s not
    the one where you live. You can only be a resident elector in one municipality. However, you can be a non-resident elector in any other municipality (or municipalities) where you own or rent property.
  3. As the spouse of a non-resident elector if your spouse owns or rents property in
    the municipality or municipalities other than the one where you live.

This may sound complex, so i will try to make it more simple.

  • If you own property in the Township or are the spouse of the owner, you can vote.
    • You should already be on the Voters List.  If not you need to contact the Clerk at the Township offices.
  • If you are a tenant in a property in the Township for 42 days or more in 2018, you can vote.

The documentation required to Register to be a voter if you are a tenant:

Here are the Forms & Process to complete to Register to vote in Georgian Bay Township.

  • Each Tenant will need to complete the EL-15 form and sign it.
  • They will also need a Scan of their Photo ID and Proof of Citizenship  (Driver’s License & Passport)
  • They will also need to complete & sign the attached letter. (complete the <> areas)
  • Each package of Forms needs to be sent to the address in the letter. (email will be fine)
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close